In the backcountry, it is important to be prepared to face problems and have the tools to deal with an emergency.But it is even more important to know how to reduce the risks in order to avoid to put yourself in a difficult situation.With my 30 years experience in outdoor safety, I know the importance of prevention. The sessions I deliver are designed to get you more prepared for your trips in the backcountry.Knowledge is the first step, and the most important aspect to work on in order to reduce the risks during your trips in the backcountry.A lot of accident in the backcountry happen because of a lack of knowledge and could have been prevented.Victims were often not aware of the hazards, did not realize the risk, missed the warning signs and/or took a wrong decision.
The different courses I deliver will help you to:
- Learn more about the environment to be able to recognize the signs in order to identify the risks.
- Learn the main causes accidents in the backcountry.
- Learn how to prepare your trips.
- Identify the factors that lead to an emergency.
- Use an effective process of risk reduction.
- Understand better decision-making process in the backcountry.
- Make sure you have an efficient emergency plan.
The goal of these courses is to increase your safety and your level of confidence in the backcountry.
To enjoy more and stress less
There are 3 different courses available now: Check the links below for more information.